“Meetings are the linchpin of everything. If someone says you have an hour to investigate a company, I won’t look at the balance sheet. I’d watch their executive team in a meeting for an hour. If they are clear and focused and have the board on the edge of their seats, I’d say this is a good company worth investing in.” – Patrick Lencioni, author of business and team management books.
Such is the impact of a successful meeting. However, it is not possible to ensure productive meetings when the environment is not conducive to productivity. You need a seamless experience that can be created with the help of meeting room booking software. UK, USA, or any other country – regardless of location – you need technological support to ensure a no-stress collaboration.
Having said that, there are a few do’s and don’ts that one can embrace to bring in adequate meeting etiquette.
- Do ensure punctuality: Be it starting time or closing time, ensure punctuality. It is critical to make sure that you have the complete attention of those attending the meeting.
- Don’t be unprepared: Part of being able to wrap up the meeting on time is being able to communicate essential information. This is not possible without adequate preparation.
- Do actively participate: Ensuring smooth communication requires adequate participation from everyone involved. All points of view are critical to a successful meeting.
- Don’t dominate the conversation: Monopolizing the conversation restricts ideas from different quarters. Ensure that everyone has a say in the meeting.
- Do stay focused on the task at hand: Digressing beyond the agenda of the meeting will not only extend the timing beyond necessity but also prevent the core agenda from being followed.
- Don’t be negative: Meetings are an excellent place to explore new points of view and go beyond the comfort zone. Negativity tends to block creativity.
- Do dress professionally: Attire is part of what sets the context to the meeting. Professional and formal outfits are critical to the meeting.
- Don’t be nervous: Being nervous might curb your thoughts and your ability to state your point clearly.
- Do clarify action items: Every meeting comes with a purpose and agenda. The call to action after the meeting is critical to its very success.
- Don’t forget the minutes of the meeting: Understanding and noting what transpired during the meeting is essential as it sets the path to the action items and makes sure that everyone is on the same page.
- Do put away the phone: Distractions of all kinds should be avoided. All attention should be on the meeting.
- Don’t stray from the facts: Fabrications and exaggerated statements should be avoided at all costs.
Embrace The Power Of Software
Synchronization is the key to a successful meeting. Think about it. If all employees are on the same page and have a harmonious working environment, it would definitely lead to revenue growth and business success. One sure-shot way of implementing this is with the help of meeting room booking software.
Rendezvous is a new way of bringing people together. It connects your workplace fully with advanced technology that supports desk booking, perfect meetings and gives you a complete picture of how your valuable space is really being utilized. Rendezvous software’s API-friendly integration with productivity solutions such as Outlook and workplace platforms such as digital signage allows you get the ultimate return on your investment.
How often is it unclear where your department’s meeting spaces are located? How do you keep track of the timings, agenda and other details with respect to your meeting? Until now, these everyday problems were but natural. But with Rendezvous’ meeting room booking software, they have become easily manageable.
From booking desks to organizing picture-perfect meetings, you will never be short of space again. Rendezvous Meeting Room Booking Software UK connects the dots around your entire workspace. The scheduling system, easy-to-use mobile interface, video conferencing capabilities, visitor management, and insightful reports are just a few of its excellent features.
Rendezvous Meeting Room Booking Software UK is your partner in maximizing your valuable office space. Our system will not only help you with effective space utilization, but also encourage employee collaboration and engagement. Start by requesting a demo today and experience all that Rendezvous has to offer!