As workspace technology specialists, we often hear this question from people who are just beginning to investigate the benefits of advanced room scheduling software.
They tell us they book a room in Outlook if it’s available, check if co-workers are free and then send a meeting invitation to them. Easy! And so it is – as far as it goes.
But Outlook falls short when it comes to these seven challenges:
1. Booking meeting rooms in different locations and time zones, with different services such as catering at each site
2. Seeing when visitors have arrived for the meeting, and guaranteeing a great first impression
3. Adjusting the room or date and time while keeping colleagues and service providers like the catering team informed
4. Releasing a room in good time, rather than just not showing up
5. Reserving catering, additional equipment or other services for your meeting
6. Having a clear view of room utilization, to make informed decisions on internal space and to avoid costly booking out options
7. Booking flexible space such as desks when you’re on the move.
Here are seven ways a quality room booking system such as Rendezvous by NFS helps you overcome these challenges and makes meetings perfect.
1. With Rendezvous, you can reserve rooms, car parking, desks as well as catering, services and AV as part of a single booking experience.
2. The Rendezvous Visitor component handles all aspects of meet and greet, host notification and badge printing, so your guests get a good experience, every time.
3. All meeting participants are automatically notified of any changes made to the booking as well as service providers such as catering, making sure nobody goes to the wrong room or catering is wasted.
4. Your room booking system will provide thorough, up-to-date reports, supporting better decisions on space planning and improving your room and desk use.
5. Reserving multi location meetings becomes a quick and efficient procedure with an easy-to-use room booking system. You can select multiple spaces from a high graphical calendar, check people’s availability and book that VC meeting.
6. No more no shows, they’ll become a thing of the past. If a meeting room is not being utilized, the room booking system automatically releases it, drastically improving room use. This can save thousands annually in wasted space.
7. A room booking system available on an app, such as Rendezvous Mobile, means your employees can access the system on the go – so they can reserve their space before they even reach the office.
Our system fully integrates with Outlook as well so everything happens automatically in your calendar and your staff will see a familiar interface.
So there’s just one answer to the question: “Do I really need a room booking system?” It’s YES – if it’s Rendezvous.
Learn more about workplace transformation and how it affects you here.